Project 2015 Improvements

READ HERE FIRST!
Answered question/feedback threads
Lucius Blackwood
Galactic Emperor

Project 2015 Improvements

Post#1 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:20 am

I've been taking a look around and I must say the new site is absolutely beautiful, PHBB is top notch thanks to the hard work of our beloved staff Duke and Fallini. But even though the site is beautiful, there are a few things I have noticed that could be improved upon. I'm just going to drop my suggestions right here:

1. Custom Profile Fields: Everyone knows here on Star Wars: Galaxy that everyone utilizes one account to post for all of their characters, instead of making numerous accounts for each character. I propose that custom fields are added into the profiles that would allow for members to express themselves more and personalize the accounts other than a signature, and contact information. Just by adding a few extra sections like Character's Played, Preferred/Favorite Faction, Member Title, can make creating your account extra special.

2. Awards: I recall on multiple sites that I've been on additions to profiles that you can call awards. Where little grouped symbols would appear and each one displaying a different thing, such as Faction Leader, Veteran, Beta Tester, Imperial Character, Jedi Character, just little symbols of achievement that you could passively obtain from doing/accomplishing a multitude of things across the forums.

3. Colored Usergroups: I know this is probably coming eventually, but I just thought I would mention it here anyway. Colored usergroups for the respective factions would be a nice addition when there is enough time allotted to do so.

These were just a few suggestions that I came up with off immediately after quickly scanning over the forum, I will continue to post my suggestions for improvements and feedback here.

Updated 2/1/2015

Fallini
Design
Design

Re: Project 2015 Improvements

Post#2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 am

1. Will require an extension. We are already keeping our eyes out for something that does this.
2. Extension again. This shouldn't be long off as there was one for 3.0.x of phpbb
3. Duke is doing that now.

Lucius Blackwood
Galactic Emperor

Post#3 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:01 am

Excellent!

Duke
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Post#4 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:44 am

1. Still waiting on the extension.
2. Awards extension is almost ready for site use! You may be seeing it in the next few weeks.
3. Done and done, my good friend.

Duke
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Post#5 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:36 am

Update:
1. Custom profile fields added.
2. Awards extension is still in BETA. We're currently testing it for bugs in the Red Zone (SW:G's replica test site).

Return to “Solved”