[A] Jolan Saris

Post#1 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:54 am

Character Information:
Name: Jolan Saris
-Alias: Darth Agonious

Species: Arkanian

Homeworld: Arkania
The Character Personality:
As far as superiority complexes go, Jolan can very well be considered one of the worst. Though you can contribute his outlook and short temper to a very rough childhood, he has purposefully chosen embrace the dark side of his personality. It�s not very often you simply meet a person of pure evil. He has even at one time simply been told to mind his mannerisms as his interactions with people are a dead give-away to who and what he practices.

Making people suffer seems to bring out the very worst and best in him. Jolan doesn't like not being able to break people. Their agony is his release and he thrives on inflicting pain on others, especially those he sees as having a better life than his own. As far as attempting to penetrate this shell of vile, the best way would be through his yet, unrealized, affinity for a legacy. Far too selfish to share the knowledge he has amassed, Jolan wants to one day pass it all on to a apprentice, a actual son to carry on his work of a realized Sith Dynasty. A twisted, angry, viscous and diabolical Sith Lord, Saris has allowed the dark side to engulf his very essence and doesn't try to remotely contain it when his anger boils over.

Strengths:
  • Pain Endurance
    Computer Manipulation (Programming)
    Lightsaber Weilding
    Raw Aggression
Weaknesses:
  • Blinding Rage
    Hatred of Jedi
    Need for Power
Physical Bio:
-Height: 6'2"
-Weight; 195 lbs.
The History Like many of the more powerful Sith in existence, Saris� beginning is engulfed with strife and pain. The child of a Imperial Officer and Sex Slave, he was sold into slave labor once he was old enough to walk and maintain on his own. Through constant abuse, mostly physical from his slave master, who simply did not like the odd look of the child. His blonde hair and white eyes where enough to initially shock anyone who laid eyes on him. This shock aspect was essential in his hand-to-hand combat as it provided him with the edge that would have otherwise not been there.

Fighting in underground circuits as a little boy earn him a fierce reputation as dominator. He didn�t just fight his opponents, but inflicted the greatest amount of agony on them before ending the fight. The relentless and sadistic manner in which he gleefully watch countless others beg for mercy became a keepsake of his fighting style. It was during one of these fighting events that Saris discovered the power inside of him. Facing a opponent of immense power, Jolan was beaten to within a inch of his life, and it was as if something deep inside of him snapped. In a fit of rage and anger, he began to punch and rip apart the attacker with his bear hands, the dark side of the force, assisting him until a mess of bones and flesh was left.

The dark surge was witness by a showy figure thought to be extinct throughout the galaxy. Saris slave master was initially offered a payment for Jolan, but it was abruptly turned down after the carnage last fight. This of course, was a mistake as Jolan watched the man chock the life out of him. The power displayed gave Jolan such a physical reaction, he needed to catch his breath. This man, this figure was everything he wanted to be and more. He would demand the respect he witness and impose his will on everyone not wise enough to show him the respect he deserves. This though process would one day be curved, but until then, it would prove to be a valuable asset in his Sith training.

Saris initially wasn�t taken under the tutorship of the Sith. Once his slave master was killed, Jolan quickly capitalized on his new found freedom, taking the slave ship and what funds he could gather before other masters and slaves discovered the death. His computer slicing skills, though lacking, were good enough to help him track the ship of what he believed was a Sith Assassin though he of course couldn't�t be sure. When the Nightsister realized she was being followed, she allowed Jolan to track her as he would either prove his worth, or be killed shortly after landing.

Jolan lost the ship once it entered the atmosphere and landed near a structure which resembled a temple. This was his first interaction with the Sith as Sith Warriors approached his ship. At first, he was ordered to turn back, but knowing he had nothing to go back to, he�d made up his mind that he�d train as a master of the force, or die trying. Even after the assault that follow, Jolan refused to leave, gaining the attention of his first and last master.

Saris would turn out to be incredibly skilled with a light saber, but he was encouraged to build upon his skills with unarmed combat. The ability to wield the force into powerful attacks that rip opponents limb from limb was an acquired skill set which took a great deal of focus. What was discovered Jolan was he could only achieve this through intense stress, which only came about when he was near the end of his life. Several times, his master attacked or had him attacked until this power manifested itself. The extent to which he could push himself was unknown, but the most extreme case recorded was when he was pitted against a Rancor, a fight resulted in Jolan being devoured, and the Rancor being ripped apart from the inside out.

This was also the catalyst for Jolan to began his service to the Sith, more specifically hunting down and destroying the Jedi. This of course came too late as the Sith but the time of his ascension where both outmatched and outnumbered. Jolan�s activity in the Sith Order took a interesting turn in what could be described as a very small scale civil war within to order upon the ascension of �The Shadow� to Darth Lord of the Sith. Under this new leadership, and for his continued devotion, Jolan was made a Sith Lord and granted the title of Darth Agonious.

Faction: Faction: Sith Cult/Order

Force-Sensitive? [Yes]
-Force Powers:
Force Speed - Expert
Force Concealment - Expert
Force Sense - Mastered
Force Telepathy - Expert
Force Rage - Expert
Force Crush - Mastered
Force Deflection - Expert
Force Telekinesis - Mastered
Force Choke - Expert

-Saber Form:
Form V: Shien / Djem So: Preferred Style - Mastered
Modified Tr�kata
With his ability to utlizie the force to a great deal when fighting, light saber combat can some times take a second seat to his hand-to-hand preference. If he is dealing with a skilled swordsmen, he will utilize a modified form of Tr�kata, if that proves to be ineffective, he will engage in direct and purposeful light saber combat in a effort to defeat his enemy, mostly using Shien techniques.

Misc. Weapon:
The emitter features both an blade guard and a thumb trigger that activates the weapons dual-phase setting, shortening the blade for a close quarters surprise attack. The first third of the weapon casing is a solid piece that containes a incline focusing chamber and a series of thermal radiator grooves along the inside of the casing. The crystal chamber is positioned in the joint between this piece and the handgrip. Concealed beneath the fabric covering of the handgrip is a magnetic adhesion plate that secures the weapon to Jolan's belt when not in use.

The final third of the hilt contains the activator and the three power cells. The first cell, a compound power cell, is contained in the hilt directly below the handgrip. The second, a Phase A cell, is positioned next to the activator, a red pinky trigger. The last cell, the reserve, is contained in the weapon's pommel.

These gauntlets aren't embedded with any type of special powers, though this is something Jolan is currently looking into. As it stands now, these provide him with the extra amount of damage he needs to inflict on a enemy when utilizing the dark side of the force in combat. Their is also the case of the menacing presence of a Sith once they come into view which instantly garners unspoken respect for the waerer.
Items:
Common Gear for a Sith Warrior
Ship: Unknown Ship Design "Acquired" from a ship yard at the request of Jolan's former Master, now...it's his own. Image

Aeaolen Kicka

Re: [A] Jolan Saris

Post#2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:55 am

I hate to be a pain but you must include the core powers in the force power description:

Force Speed - Weak
Force Concealment - Weak
Force Sense - Weak
Force Telepathy - Weak
Force Telekinesis - Weak

and they should be set to reflect your relative strength. I have no problem really with the rest of the profile, Trem might have some more to say about it or maybe Duke but I believe it is fine.

[1/2] Approved by Staff Member, just need faction leader approval.
"An Empire is never peaceably acquired or maintained. It is willed into existence. We are that will."
Vengeance Squadron

Darth Abaddon | Malus Solari
Sith Lord | Jedi Master

Jolan Saris
Advanced Writer

Post#3 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:55 am

Yup, sorry I missed those, modified and updated.

Aeaolen Kicka

Post#4 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:55 am

Jolan Saris,Dec 10 2013, 01:39 PM wrote: Yup, sorry I missed those, modified and updated.
You might also want to go into how you found the Sith. The Sith Order, as it formed very recently, was almost entirely underground. Perhaps you should mention somehow that you stumbled upon some ancient knowledge of the Nightsisters and ventured to Dathomir to learn of them or something. Trem might have a better idea of what to do or a story behind that.
"An Empire is never peaceably acquired or maintained. It is willed into existence. We are that will."
Vengeance Squadron

Darth Abaddon | Malus Solari
Sith Lord | Jedi Master

Jolan Saris
Advanced Writer

Post#5 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:56 am

That point brings up another, I did some site searching on exactly what's the current state of the Sith and outside of the timeline, there isn't alot to reference how someone would go about the 'back-story' of how they encountered the Sith. I love your idea, but didn't have that information so I couldn't format the back story all that well, hence the 'dark shadowy figure' reference.

If this needs to be change though, of course, I'll heed your advice and wait till a group moderator give me some more insight. But your right, incorporating how the Sith came to find me and a more detailed background in regards to them would go a long ways for this character.

Trem
Galaxy Legend

Post#6 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:57 am

To find the Sith Order there are two choices really,

1. Nightsisters, find information on them, travel there, met there by entourage of Sith Warriors

2. Edward as well as any other stealthy Sith are sent out to find prospective members, and recruit them.

Speaking as the Sith Lord, I would say go with option one, because usually when you are recruited by a stealthy member you are trained at first in the ways of the Sith Assassin, whereas Option 1 leads to the Sith Lord placing you with someone he thinks is a good fit.

Jolan Saris
Advanced Writer

Post#7 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:57 am

Sounds like a plan, rewriting those sections now.

Trem
Galaxy Legend

Post#8 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:59 am

Looks Good! Finish up your personality, and then this character will be approved

Jolan Saris
Advanced Writer

Post#9 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:00 am

Wow, forgot that part completely...lol. All finished up now.

Trem
Galaxy Legend

Post#10 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:00 am

Good Job, I look forward to RP

[1/2]

Trem
Galaxy Legend

Post#11 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:01 am

Image Thank you for your submission and as a witty Sith Lord once said:
Palpatine: I expect your best service.
Mace Windu: For the Order and the Republic, I will give anything and everything, including my life.
Palpatine: Good, we may need that, too.
Enjoy. By the way, try not to kill all the Jedi--we need some light in this world!

Thank You,
SW:G Community Team

Return to “Dead or Inactive Characters”