Battle of Korriban - 68 ABY

Sirius
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post#1 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:47 am

Entering the of Korriban in 3... 2... 1

Admiral Regh Keldoma stood stern on the bridge of his Viscount-Class Star Defender or the 'Jewel of Coruscant' as it was dubbed. He eyed the planet Korriban intently just before turning to face his men operating the imposing star craft. "Patch me through to the other starships." He ordered his communications officer.

"Men!" Regh shouted with vigor. "We march toward the Sith ceremonial world of Korriban. After a year of fighting the Sith scourge and death of millions of our country-men, we are here to take fight to their doorsteps! For decades the Sith have stepped on the common man for his own gains and undermined the very essence of freedom. Today we make them pay for their treachery! Do not show them mercy as you will receive none in return! We will obtain victory this day for it is our destiny!" As he concluded, the bridge erupted in glorious fanfare as his officers and operators present cheered loudly and boldly.

Regh smiled triumphantly as he approached one of his bridge operators standing behind him. "Where is my First Officer? She should be here before the attack commences." The operator looked at the Admiral then peered down at his datapad and fumbled through it a bit. "I-Im sorry sir, it appears she has not reported to her station since yesterday--" Just in that moment, the operator was cut off by the opening of the bridge doors behind him. The doors revealed a young woman draped in her blue Federation uniform and clutching her own datapad. "Pardon my tardiness, Admiral. I was tying loose ends on the ship's armament."

"Genevieve! I will not tolerate excuses from First Officer... let alone my own protegé." The Admiral firmly scolded but yet kept a somewhat warm demeanor about it. "Report to your post. We must break the Sith Fleet blockade of the planet to allow the Federation-Jedi joint ground forces to make landfall." Regh concluded. Genevieve lowered her head slightly then promptly saluted her superior. "Of course, Admiral. I shall not disappoint you again." She responded while taking her place on a comm nearest the Admiral Regh.

"Officers take note we have a guest on deck. Jedi Master Arsan, here, is taking command of the 443rd Battalion attached onboard." Regh announced as he turned his attention to the approaching armor and robe mesh-cladded man. Genevieve turned her attention to the Jedi briefly locking eyes with the man. "Welcome Master Jedi, I feel safer knowing you are onboard." She greeted with a small whisk of a smile

"Only until we blast a hole in their defense, ma'am. Speaking of which, Admiral. I propose we focus our fire to their left flank protecting the planet. I sense a lack of moral concentrating from there." Arsan suggested as the Admiral nodded. "We may able to direct more fire power to that area pending how strong the Sith response will be to our front--"

"Sir, the Sith have noticed our arrival and have begun to engage. We'll within firing range in 30 seconds." A communication officer interrupted. The Admiral turned to him and nodded to this as well. "Acknowledged." He said while turning back to the bridge window. "Men, begin attack formation prepare for battle!" He soon after cried. This would be a hard fought battle, Regh knew this. The Federation Fleet alone could not withstand the Sith's. He knew they could only triumph if they get their boots planetside and when the Imperial Remnant arrived.

As Genevieve watched her screen with the battle just about to unfold, her expression turned from seriousness to troubled. A ripple in force had beckoned her. She could feel her master calling out for her presence...

Duke
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Post#2 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:24 am

Blue Spark
MC90 Star Cruiser
Korriban

As the cruiser encroached upon the Sith homeworld, the Jedi Grandmaster contemplated the significance of a Federation victory. Finally, after such fine planning, the day had arrived whereby the Federation could take the battle to the Sith's doorsteps. They had served as a nuisance to the Jedi Order for centuries, sowing seeds of darkness and corruption in that which sought to bring about good to the galaxy. Bela Khess hoped this day would usher in a turning point for the Jedi's war against the Sith. She could sense victory, and, by the Force, she would achieve it...at all costs. This was too precious a moment to lose. Although...she sensed something darker, something she couldn't, in that moment, quite perceive. Nevertheless, she stood determined and resolute, keeping her eyes open and her mind focused.

Bela Khess listened intently to the Admiral's rally cry. "Solemn, noble, spirited," she commented. "Although, it appears I've fooled the man, yet. He seems to think he's only addressing men," she mused, unveiling a sly snicker. The bridge crew attempted to conceal their own laughter, but Bela could hear the occasional chuckle of the crewmen.

"30 seconds, Commander."

Tarnak nodded at the crewman, turning his eye to the approaching enemy vessels. "Power all batteries. Fire!"

Something--someone, even--still made Bela uneasy..a greater darkness, yet this was the Sith homeworld; twas only the Dark Side that lurked here. "The Dark Side surrounds us. Be on your guard, Commander Tarnak."

Sirius
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post#3 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:57 pm

"Look alive, Genevieve!" Regh cried over to the woman. She soon snapped out of her force-induced trance and peered over to her screen. "The Sith have powered up their weapons. Attack imminent, Admiral." The first officer reported before facing Admiral Regh. He grew an almost gleeful expression. "Let slip the dogs war!" The Admiral shouted just as his ship began to rumble from the Sith's attack. Wasting very little time, Admiral ordered a full fire response from the ship's starboard bow.

"Direct hit, Admiral!" Shouted Genevieve as she peered over at the overview window to witness a Sith Capital ship smoking and falling from formation toward the planet's surface. However the attacks did not cease there. Admiral Regh ordered all ships to engage the Sith blockade opening uo a massive orbital firefight.

Arsan watched the battle with a growing weariness. Although it was going well for now, he suspected the force had bigger plans this day. "Admiral." He said grabbing Regh's attention. "Im ready for the dropships to begin deployment. Please inform the Grandmaster of the first wave's launch." He announced.

Genevieve formed a troubled expression. She had to get planetside somehow without arousing the suspicion of her senior officer. "Admiral!" She suddenly boomed while arising from station. "I request to take charge of the invading battalion." The Admiral gave his full attention to his protege being surprised as he was that she would want to take personal command of his attachment. "What, why?" He quickly responded. "Ive done extensive research on the focal points of the Sith relic world. I believe I can successfully navigate to their strongholds while cutting down losses from any decoys they may have waiting for us." Genevieve explained.

Before the Admiral could say anything, Arsan interjected. "That will not be necessary, Commander. The force will guide us to victory. Make no mistake of that." Arsan responded quickly to the prospect.

Regh paused for a moment to contemplate Arsan's words then turned back to his First Officer. "Granted, Genevieve." Regh soon responded to the surprise of Arsan. "Genevieve will take charge of the planetside operation. Forgive me, Master Jedi, but I dont want to risk my soldiers to the will of your force." A part of Admiral Regh distrusted the Jedi as he saw the line between them and Sith as very thin. Genevieve's presence would serve as insurance to the invasion's success.

"As you wish, Admiral." The Jedi responded much to his hesitation and chagrin. "Suit up, Commander. We'll be launching in in minutes." The Jedi said with some animosity as he turned and departed from the bridge.

--------------------------------------------

Within the catacombs of the Sith Fortress outside of the Valley of the Sith Lord, a dark figure sat upon his throne surrounded by a throng of the Sith Warriors clutching their weapons. "Lord Hyperion. The Dark Lord has commanded we hold the fortress. Our army has been dispatched all over the perimeter and our Anti-Aircraft batteries are poised and ready. It'll only be a matter of time before the Federation attempts to penetrate the blockade." One warrior spoke while kneeling infront of his superior Sith Lord.

The Lord rubbed his clasped his hands tightly together and slowly stroked his knuckles. "Excellent. If the Federation thinks it can defeat us here, they will be sadly mistaken." He said in a rather raspy tone as be soon clasped his armrests with his hands and straightened his back against the throne. Eying the warriors before him, he can sense their uneasiness. He could tell they all were sensing the presence of the Jedi Grandmaster in orbit. "Fret not underlings. The Grandmaster shall meet her fate if she dares try to reach the surface. The Dark Lord will personally seal it himself."

The Warriors all faced the talking Lord and composed themselves better upon hearing his words. Not only was the Dark Lord defending this place but rumors spread that the Sword of the Order would also make an appearence...

Duke
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Post#4 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:21 am

"Flagship is signalling the green light. All squadrons go for departure," reported a communications officer over the speakers.

"Good. Captain, when you're ready." The trooper nodded to the Grandmaster, and in moments, their transport was bolted planet side. As minutes flew by, the fleet above was already fully engaged in a dogfight of its own, hurtling volleys of turbolaser fire from one ship to the next. The Force give us strength, subconsciously bid the Grandmaster. Bela Khess prepared for herself for what lay below; rumour had it that the Dark Lord would make an appearance on the battlefield. She intended on dealing a blow to the Sith Order via this Dark Lord. Darkness was prevalent, but the light would ultimately triumph, be it in this conflict or the next. This Jedi wasn't foolish enough to be so confident in her own victory that she wouldn't admit and face defeat if it came to that, for she knew a greater war awaited whereas the warriors of light would extinguish those igniting the flames of darkness. In darkness, there was forever the light. In battle, there was forever the path to victory.

"Three...two...one, we're down, Master Khess."

Fortunately, their ship had landed far enough to avoid anti-air blaster fire. The same couldn't be said for their cohorts.

"Thank you, captain. Check in with the other squadrons; ensure touchdown was successful," Bela instructed. Instantly, reports of destroyed aircraft piled In. Some made it to the surface, but with wounded troopers; and, still, some did indeed make the landing. Orders were given for any surrounding support units to reinforce the injured groups, while Bela's squadron and the rest would press onward to the Sith's headquarters.

"Admiral, we're on the ground. Proceeding to first checkpoint. Is Master Arsan's squadron down?"

Bela was subsequently informed that the mission was now being coordinated by Duchess Genevieve, the renowned Dubrillian noblewoman. Of course, the military didn't trust one of the Jedi's greatest warriors; why would they believe in something as 'suspicious' as the Force, the same Force that protected the Federation and the Republic prior for decades? Ah, the nerve of some Federation military commanders; inspired by the anti-Jedi senators, they and the Jedi Order occasionally clashed on the battlefronts. No wonder they had suffered devastating losses in years prior; without harmony, there is no hope of victory. Never mind that--there was a battle to be won, at the stake of freedom.

Connecting her wristband to Arsan's squadron, the Grandmaster asked, "Do I have the pleasure of speaking with the Duchess Genevieve? Welcome to Korriban, Duchess; I hope you're aware that you are now leading a mission on the homeworld of the dark arts. Here, blasters can only do so much against the power of the Dark Side. Do not underestimate our enemy. Where are you located?"

Sirius
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post#5 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:09 am

The hangar bay bustled with activity. The red siren was blaring into the ears of each soldier scrambling to their dropship. A turbolift came down from and opened it's door to reveal Genevieve and Arsan Pendragon. Like usually, Genevieve clutched her datapad while Arsan looked unamused command was given to her. "I hope you realize the severity of the situation it would be on planetside. The Sith are ruthless and are prone to deal carnage. Make no mistake. This will be a bloody battle." The Jedi Master forewarned.

"I can handle myself perfectly fine, Master Jedi. You needn't worry about my well bring. I've seen battle before." The Duchess retorted in a calm and almost warm demeanor. Suddenly the words 'Open the hangar doors!' screeched loudly over the speakers. The rumbling of the large metallic doors was enough to grab everyone's attention. Immediately after it opened slightly, an explosion from enemy batteries rocked the entire bay. "Everyone on the dropships now!" Arsan called as hurried to his shuttle while witnessing the massive fight happening outside the hangar bay shield. However before he could give the okay to release the craft, he noticed Genevieve hurrying to a dropship that wasnt his own. With a quick yet suspicious scoff he gestured the shuttle's pilot to take off.

As the dropships began cascading one by one downward toward the Korriban surface, Genevieve did her best to remain composed through the turbulence admist the crowd of soldiers among her. Stoically, she lightly gripped the Taozin amulet hidden beneath her officer's jacket. With a quick release of a breath air, she moved her hand slightly to activate a small beacon attached behind the amulet.
---------------
Planetside, a command center filled with sith troopers and their adept masters scrambled to their posts. "Concentrate all battery fire on those dropships! Leave none alive, you maggots!" One of the Sith shouted fiercely as he pushed one trooper against the computer as a warning to hurry his fire.

"My lord!" One trooper called motioning the master to gaze upon his terminal. "Yes, what is it?!" He griped as a response while stomping over to the trooper who called. "One of our own distress beacons has been activated onboard one of the dropships...what should we do?" He asked, turning slightly to face the Sith. The master merely smiled with a toothy grin . "Ah... Lord Ozan said one our own would be onboard...." The sith began just as he took his gaze off the terminal and back to the trooper. "Alright. Concentrate on one of the ship's engine to bring it down near the Golg valley. Do not destroy it, fool!"

"Right away sir!" The trooper shouted while pressing away on the terminal to focus an anti-aircraft battery on Genevieve's ship.
----------
In Orbit, Admiral Regh's ships were engaged in a massive firefight. The sirens blazed onboard his bridge as the Sith battery rocked the hull. But he remained calm and confident. He was sure the Sith would not defeat him this day. "Admiral!" Called one of his bridge operators. "Ive received an incoming transmission from the Jedi Grandmaster. Shes made contact on the surface and is proceeding to the next checkpoint. Shes inquiring to Arsan's whereabouts!"

As another volley of fire rocked his ship, the Admiral recoiled backward then recomposed himself in a fiery demeanor. "Tell her to proceed as planned but wait for my officer to make contact with her! As for Arsan... Patch her holocomm through to him!" He ordered.

"Yes sir!"
---------------
"Look alive, soldiers. We're entering Korriban's atmosphere now. The force will guide us to safety..." Arsan said to calm the tense mood within the dropship. The Federation troopers were good ones. They didnt tremble and clutched their rifles tightly, ready for action. The dropships rumbled violently however as battery fire erupted all around them.

Suddenly Arsan's holocomm buzzed. He grabbed it quickly and turned it on to reveal the blue hue of a mini Bela Khess "Unfortunately ma'am she thought she would be so prudent as to take another shuttle!" He answered sarcastically and loudly to speak over the explosions. "If I may speak frankly, Grandmaster, my senses are warning me not to trust her!" His own imagine projected to Bela would be hazy at best. The rumbling of the dropship made the connection hard to keep established. Arsan fumbled with his holocomm for a moment just before resuming his conversation with Bela. "Hold on, ma'am. Im patching you into Genevieve!"

On Bela's end, Arsan's image would have flickered then shut off for a moment as the transmission transferred over to a hazy blue hue image of Genevieve. "Fortunately, I understand the gravity of my command, Grandmaster Jedi. Fret not although it may take a more than a blaster, a Sith corpse looks the same as all others." Her image flickered more violently as her dropship dodged a few more volleys of artillery. "I-Im al-almost plan--" The transmission flickered against then soon the hue of an explosion overtook her image then promptly shut off.

The dropship carrying Genevieve had it's engine blown out by a direct hit from a battery. Control of the ship became impossible as it spiraled into a nosedive. As the soldiers within the shuttle began to panic, Genevieve remained calm and concentrated. Using the force, she focused on the nose of the craft to bring it out of the nosedive then allowed it to glide onto the sandy ground and crash against one of the boulders littering the ground.
---------------
Arsan dropship finally made touchdown as the makeshift perimeter made by the arriving Federation forces. Rushing out with his troopers, the Jedi Master made note of the survivors. A horrid sight to behold, wounded were everywhere. Smoking piles of scrap metal littered the sand of crafts that unfortunately did not make it. Luckily most of his troopers had made it and were to bring the fight to the Sith themselves. "Status report!" He called out to one of the leading troopers who landed before him.

The trooper flagged a small squad of soldiers away as he turned to the approaching Jedi. "Eighty percent of our forces have made it to the surface. The others are dead, wounded, or missing." He told Arsan. The Master cursed under her breath. Any amount of casualties pained the man. "And what of the commanding officer, Ms Hawthorne?" He asked.

The leading trooper paused for a moment then shook his head. "Im sorry sir. Her craft came down some clicks away from the agreed upon spot. The artillery fire makes it almost impossible to send a team out to retrieve them... Regardless, Its unrealistic to think they survived the crash..." Arsan cursed underneath his breath upon hearing the news. He only gave a nod to the trooper and allowed him to continue his previous orders. Looking around the makeshift perimeter, Arsan's breathing turned heavy. Korriban was in the midst of it's night but the lights of the Sith temples and fortresses in the distance made for a bright horizon. The sky was filled with explosions and blaster fire from the capital ships dogfighting in orbit and the heavy artillery shells pummeled the sandy ground around the safe perimeter. The scene was chaotic. The Jedi Master would be happy when victory was attained.

Focusing back on the task at hand, Arsan raced to the side of his Jedi Leader. "Grandmaster!" He cried when he reached within her sights. "I have news." He began as he took a quick second to survey the surrounding squadrons. "Genevieve's craft was shot down. I knew she was foolish to not come with me. Either way it seems command is back to us for the foreseeable future."

However Arsan was soon cut off. "Master Jedis!" A command trooper carrying a radio shouted. "A division of Sith troopers are converging onto our location!"

Arsan smiled and then readying himself. "To victory, ma'am?"
------------------
The fiery wreckage of the dropship had littered the ground with fallen soldiers. Genevieve herself laid on the sand with minor scrapes to her person. Luckily she had used the force to cushion her fall. Slowly coming back into consciousness, the Duchess picked herself up. Groaning a bit from the minor whiplash she felt, she checked to see the still working distress beacon. With a small sigh of relief, Genevieve rose her head slightly to see headlights coming toward her location.

A speeder bike peered through the darkness and flashed it's headlights at the deadpanned Genevieve standing sternly with her long hair blowing violently along with the wind beside her when the bike reached her. "Master... Sinistra?" A lone Sith apprentice called almost wearily as he dismounted the speeder with a pack tightly gripped in his hands. The apprentice seemed almost bewildered to see the actual Sword of the Order unmasked. As far as he knew, no one had except for the Dark Lord and few on the Council.

Genevieve gazed downward at the pack then immediately ripped it from the apprentice's hands. "About time you showed up. I thought a Federation rescue party would arrive before you." She sneered at the Sith while rustling around in the pack. Looking back up she noticed the apprentice still staring at her with the same look of disbelief he had before.

"F-Forgive me, your ladyship. Its just... only Lord Ozan and the council, im sure of, has ever seen your face. I didnt expert you to be so... attractive." The Apprentice commented just before turning away after Sinistra's snarled at him for the comment. "R-Right then. The speeder can only fit one but Im sure if you hold tightly on me, we can make it back to the fortress together." Sadly Sinistra had no intention of returning with him. Grabbing her lightsaber within the pack, she ignited it and cut down the apprentice while he was busy tending to the vehicle. Saying nothing, Genevieve looked at his lifeless body with animosity as her burning yellow eyes started to appear.

Reaching into her pack once, Sinistra pulled out a holocomm and turned it on to reveal the blue hue of a cloaked figure. "Ive made it planetside, Master." She said with a slight bow of head.

"Good, Sinistra. I sense the Jedi are heading for the Temple in the Valley. If they are able to take that then it'll pave a way toward the fortress. Make sure that doesnt happen."

Genevieve merely nodded in compliance to the Sith Lord then re-bagged the holocomm. Quickly undressing herself from her Federation uniform, Genevieve dawned her Sith attire as a replacement. Retrieving her mask from the bowels of the pack, she pressed it against her face then let it's mechanism seal her head within. Soon a reddish interface display overtook her eyes with a locale marker of the Sith temple appearing in the distance. Throwing the bag in the speeder's back compartment, Sinistra holstered her lightsaber and rose her hood just before climbing onto the speeder then pressing toward the Temple.

The light of the Temple's entrance was nearly blinding. Sand ripped through the pad leading up to the doors as a Sith warrior accompanied by a few soldiers approached the coming speeder. Slowing down and then coming to a full stop, Genevieve soon leapt off the speeder while grabbing her pack. "Lady Sinistra. The Lords spoke of your arrival. Surely the moral of our Adepts will increase with your presence..." The warrior's words trailed as he noticed the apprentice that had been sent to retrieve Sinistra was not with her. "Was Olik displeasing to you?" He asked while catching up to Genevieve whom simply was strolling toward the temple. However his inquiry fell on deaf ears as she did not respond to him.

"Commander." Sinistra spoke in feminine robotic tone suddenly. "See to it the Temple is secured. I want the anti-aircraft batteries pinned onto the north sector. I want mines placed throughout the sand and our heavy shock troops stationed as our first line of infantry. Secure all blast doors leading toward the inner sanctum to slow their movement incase of penetration." She continued to march forward even though the commander had stopped in his tracks to take in her orders. Suddenly Genevieve stopped and began to grip the man's throat through the force. "I suggest you succeed in this. Death is better then facing me in the wake of failure..." Sinistra threatened just before releasing him and allowing him to gag at the air returning to his lungs.
-----------
Back in orbit, the news of Genevieve's supposed death reached Admiral Regh. "Damn!" He shouted as he slammed his fist down on his comm.

Duke
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Post#6 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:38 am

Bela's brow furrowed as Master Arsan reported the news he seemed less than saddened to hear. Shaking her hand, she dismissed the notion of the Duchess's downfall. "Master Arsan, mind your thoughts; you may have wanted this mission, but the Force might have had another plan. Do not let desire blind you."

The lecture was intervened by a song of Federation cries, alerting of the inbound Sith warriors. The battle had rushed to their doorstep earlier than initially expected, evidently. They would need to cut through these creatures, and quickly. A victory would not be attained until the Sith Temple could be captured and erased from the surface of the planet. Bela's inner thoughts raged over Genevieve and Master Arsan's inability to comprehend that every life, even that of a usurper commander, was worth saving. Snapping to a set of troopers in her flank, the Grandmaster quickly ordered, "Find Duchess Genevieve. Her craft went down a few clicks from her designated location. Patch your comlink to the Jewel of Coruscant, tracking the area surrounding her last projected signal."

As they nodded and sped off in compliance, Bela turned her sights to the bloodbath ahead. In mere moments, the Sith had already gained a foothold, mercilessly chopping through Federation soldiers--piercing armour--bit by bit. Both purple and green lightsabers drawn, just lightly sweeping along the ground beneath her, the Grandmaster rushed into battle. "For the Force!"

In the ruckus that was the blaster fire and the hum of lightsabers exuded a sort of peaceful silence, the silence of meditation. Concentrating her strength within the Force, her blades would clatter against the others, one being used to block the initial attack, while the other swooped below to quickly impale her victim. Bela was a woman of stability, honour and peace, but a relentless warrior and a steadfast peacekeeper. She navigated from one opponent to the next, combining her experted skill in Shien/Djem So and Niman to force peace through superior firepower. "Aggressive negotiations" was what the Jedi of the Old Republic called it, or so history acclaimed. Pressing forward, she moved effortlessly to block blaster fire, while still managing to build a defensive offence against the accumulating number of enemies.

Sirius
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post#7 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:15 pm

"Forgive me, Grandmaster. I will do better to control my emotions from now on." Arsan replied solemnly to Bela's critique. He would contemplate Bela's words further once the battle was over but the task at hand had to be focused on. He gazed over and saw Bela's orders to find Genevieve enacted. However something through the force told him to be weary. He did not know why and for what but Arsan would be more mindful.

Eying the Sith forces approaching the perimeter camp, Arsan ignited his golden blade lightsaber and charged into battle beside his Grandmaster. This Jedi utilized the aggressive Ataru style and used it well. Once within the midst of combat, Arsan parried a trooper using a vibroblade only slash his lightsaber through his upper torso from behind. Wasting not even moment, he force pulled another to impale upon his lightsaber through the chest.

Arsan gave no look of pleasure in battle, it was simply another duty he had to fulfill. Blaster shots whizzed passed him at every moment, the Master had to crouch when he pushed forward being able only to deflect a few shots here and there. He peered over to see Bela was making quick work of those she encountered. This was expected, Arsan was more a strategist then a fighter while the esteemed Grandmaster was both.

As the skirmish raged, the will of the Sith troopers began to break. They were given orders to pushed out the Federation at all cost but he had been sent into battle with no Sith warriors backing them up or any heavy weaponry. Arsan could sense this too and felt it was just a way to try and lower the Federation numbers. "Grandmaster!" Arsan cried just before cutting the wrist off of a trooper then slicing him in half. "We must push toward the temple exterior! I fear these troopers are only fodder!"

----------------
Reaching the main chamber of the Temple, Genevieve paused for moment to collect her thoughts. The inner sanctum was cold, empty, and eerily quiet.

Suddenly a giant hand appeared from the shadows and placed itself on Sinistra's shoulder. She merely titled her head to the side from this and shifted her eyes toward the meditation circle in the center of the chamber. "Hello... Master..." As soon as she finished her greeting, a massive twelve foot tall clocked figure emerged from The shadows behind her. He was a Mandallian Giant.

The creature released his hand from Genevieve and stomped forward past her toward the meditation circle. "So my prodigal apprentice returns." He said in a deep voice that could shake a man to his core. Turning his head toward her, he flashed a grin revealing his fangs and tusks. "Its good to see your mission in infiltrating the Federation hasnt completely warped your mind against us..." He hissed in a provoking manner.

Young Sinistra face turned sour underneath her mask. How she despised her master. "My loyalties are to the Dark Lord now and forever. Nolonger you ever since I have been promoted..."

The giant gave off a bemused look as he turned and confronted Genevieve so closely she could feel his breath upon the top of her head. "But of course. How foolish of me to think training you in the teachings of the dark side could command your everlasting loyalty. Oh no... Not a opportunistic bitch such as yourself!" He boomed with a breath that blew Sinistra's cape backwards along with it. He sooned grinned once more seeing Genevieve's hand grip the hilt of her holstered lightsaber. "Do it... Try and strike me down."

"Enough!" Cried the voice of a hologram emitting from the meditation circle. "I will not have two of my best warriors bicker amidst our fight for survival!"

"One day, Ozan. One day." Genevieve warned the Giant as their attention then focused on the hologram figure before them. Ozan merely grumbled for a moment under his breath before they both approached the figure and knelt down before it accordingly. "What is thy bidding, Dark Lord?" The two Sith asked in tandem.

The hologram took a moment to survey the two before speaking. "as you know the Federation has begun it's assault on the surface. Most of the dark Council, save for you two, are located within the Fortress. Only this temple stands between them are our headquarters. It will not take the Jedi long to reach here once they overwhelm the forces sent to intercept them. With this said, Lord Ozan you will be responsible for leading the temple's defensive army against the Federation once they arrive. Sinistra, You will be tasked to kill the Jedi Grandmaster herself."

Genevieve's eyes widened as the Dark Lord relayed his order for her "Me?! My lord, I am just a Warrior. I may not be a match for her." She reasoned with an almost offended look the Dark Lord would make such an order.

"Do you dare doubt yourself and the training of Ozan?! Nothing is impossible with the Darkside. You are my Sword for a reason.! Now go and bring me the head of Bela Khess!" He hissed.

Sinistra lowered her head once more for a moment. "No... Of course not, my lord. It shall be done." She begrudgingly responded then stormed away from the inner chamber but not before giving Ozan a spiteful look.

Once the woman had left the chamber, Ozan turned back to the Dark Lord while keeping his head bowed. "Do you really think Sinistra can defeat the Grandmaster? I know she seemingly has no equal with the lightsaber but..."

"No I do not, Ozan. The girl has too much ambition and is destined to become more powerful than either of us. If she is kept alive my senses warn me she will be the bane of our existance. Khess will kill her and we nolonger will have to deal with Genevieve Hawthorne.." Ozan lowered his head slightly after disgesting the Dark Lord's words. As much as he and his apprentice often clashed, Ozan couldnt help but feel some pity his leader had marked Sinistra as a threat. He had mentored her since she was a child and thus still had some attachment to her. But Ozan couldnt ignore the fact that the Dark Lord was correct, he could sense her power increasing and felt that if the opportunity arose Genevieve could become unrepentantly treacherous.

"My lord." Was all Ozan could respond with.

Duke
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Post#8 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:12 am

"Forward!" urged the Grandmaster, conforming herself in the swarms of shiny boots that were the Federation troopers. The Federation decided to take this battle to the Sith homeworld. This battle would be all or nothing; they couldn't afford to lose momentum when the war of the Force was at stake.

Cutting Sith down one by one, her blades swung as a single wielding force, jabbing and slicing Sith warrior from chest to chest, decapitating Sith Lords as they threw themselves at her. She had to applaud the Sith for their coordinated efforts; any Sith Lord who returned to the Dark Council with the head of the Jedi Grandmaster would be well rewarded and exalted...perhaps, even, named the Dark Lord's successor. Regardless, there was something in it for them, whereas the Jedi were committing to their duty on the field. Nothing more, nothing less. So, Bela would fight fiercely and without restraint.

As a Sith Adept threw himself at her, Bela rose her sabers in defence. Their blades met, Bela swinging her weapons violently in the traditional practice of Jar'Kai. A quick lunge at her opponent's foot caught him by surprise; taking advantage of this opportunistic window, Bela severed his leg and jabbed her blades through his chest. One of the last of them, she believed. The rest were being handled by the Federation commandos and her Jedi companion. The battle was currently in their favour. She only prayed it was kept that way.

"Today, we take this war to their doorstep.

Return to “Battle Archive (2013 - Present)”