[C] The Meet

Aeaolen Kicka

[C] The Meet

Post#1 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:05 am

Cynan Varik, a Moff in the Empire who was responsible for all special projects of the Council of Moffs and the entirety of the Empire in reality waited in his office in the Palace of the Council on Bastion. The Palace was constructed on Bastion after the assumption of power by the Moffs after the end of the "democratic period" of the Head of State's reign. Varik sipped brandy and a secretary entered the room and asked if she should contact Moff Xel and Varik nodded at the secretary. "Please, bring him to me." Varik looked at the secretary as she left and then he glanced at the two stormtroopers standing with their hands folded behind their backs and sidearms strapped to their thighs. He smiled, it was a sense of security that they provided, knowing where their loyalty lay was even more empowering.

Varik was sneaky and conniving, he knew what he wanted and that was simple. Power. He wanted power. It was a slow job bringing in fellow Moffs into the fold that wouldn't run and attempt to turn him in to the Chairman or worse, the Equerry. The title of Equerry made every Moff shutter. Aeaolen Kicka. Varik sipped his brandy and shuttered again. He looked over Project 571 and smiled. It would be a glorious day when this project was completed.
"An Empire is never peaceably acquired or maintained. It is willed into existence. We are that will."
Vengeance Squadron

Darth Abaddon | Malus Solari
Sith Lord | Jedi Master

Neo
Writer

Re: [C] The Meet

Post#2 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:31 am

Silas' shuttle landed on one of the several palace landing ports. A squadron of stormtroopers stood across from one another saluting. He waved his hand, the pace of his walk was standard for a man of great importance like himself. While he was no Jedi or Force user, he kept his vibrosword on him at all times to indicate his skill as a swordsman. After all he was Moff of the Yaga Minor and parts of the Serenno sectors. It was his loyalty to order and control that made him feared. Any said disturbers to the peace were swiftly silenced. It was the way of his family of course.

While his estranged cousin Rogan Xel was gallivanting in the stars it was his duty to bring the Xel dynasty to power. This Varik was up to something and he wanted to see if it would profit their hand any more than it was currently. The beauty of it to have no Emperor the loyalty of the Imperial forces were moff to moff. System to system. Each holding different allegiances to a different man. It was a ripe playing field to cut throats and bring about his dream of absolute control.

Rogan would have to wait in time. If he was not playing a part yet, then it would only be Silas for the moment to tread these choppy waters.

Entering the office the secretary pushed a button to open the doors. The stormtroopers stepped aside and a young Imperial officer with a touchy Coruscanti accent offered to lead him in. Thrusting his cap into the officers arms he nearly toppled the man over as he walked into Varik's room.

"Moff Varik. You have summoned my presence?"

Aeaolen Kicka

Post#3 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:31 am

Varik spun around in his chair in a somewhat cliche fashion, even giving himself a cheap chuckle as he did it. He held his glass of brandy in the right hand as it rested upon the arm of the chair. "Moff Xel, pleasure to finally meet you." Varik looked at the other Moff blankly and spoke in an almost sarcastic tone. Varik had done his research on the Moff and was ever so slightly impressed. "Please, come sit down." Varik offered his left hand up and indirectly pointed to a chair sitting in front of his rather large desk. "I'd love to have a discussion about some of my projects with you, ones that are for other Moffs eyes I assure you." Varik smiled at Silas before sipping his brandy. Varik was up to no good, he would not court another Moff but he would bring them into the loop to ensure that his project succeeded.

"As I have come to learn from reading your file that you are in charge of the Prefsbelt sector and the D'Astan sector. This is most pleasing to hear." Varik again sipped his brandy after smiling at Silas. "I am wondering however, what precisely is your family involved in?"
"An Empire is never peaceably acquired or maintained. It is willed into existence. We are that will."
Vengeance Squadron

Sith Lord | Jedi Master

Neo
Writer

Post#4 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:32 am

A cliche drunk, this already was getting more out of hand. Varik seemed to have familiarity with his pet peeves. Pulling his seat, he settled down in it in front of the man. He studied him instantly he could already tell Varik was quite up to a plot. It was neither to his advantage or disadvantage to stay or go at this point so he rested his palms on the arms of the chair.

His eyebrow raised when he mentioned these 'projects' of his. The man didn't even offer a blasted glass of that atrocious tasting brandy. He seemed to have his cock hard already to ensnare him into these projects of his. In reality, he just wanted his money and support. Who wouldn't. However he would play further into Varik's game.

"My family wants to ensure order and safety of the people, Varik." He said in a similar sarcastic response as his. In truth it was. He and Rogan weren't monsters who committed genocides of their own people like the majority of these wolves in the Moff Council. "My sectors should already indicate that they have the lowest counts of crime, poverty, and distaste for their leaders. Much that could not be said for the rest of these oafs sitting in power." Varik could be very well one of them but it didn't bother him that much if he insulted him.

"So, what is so important about these projects. Elaborate on their purpose." Varik seemed too excited for his own good. Overzealous and craving for more than his share. It was no obstacle for any Moff to overcome these with subtle plots. The Empire of the Xel's would cut out such a weakness. An Empire where all were guided by one hand in one motion.

Aeaolen Kicka

Post#5 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:32 am

Varik smiled at the Moff sitting in front of him, he had been so naive and so stupid. He believed that he and his family could actually rule the Empire through Order and Peace, didn't he understand that the people do not care for Order or Peace? They want what they want and do not care what happens. Varik however knew that he could play off his ambitions and his want to help people. "These projects would ensure that Silas." Varik sat forward and placed his brandy on the desk, it was his first glass and he had lost his own appetite for it when he the man started speaking, he could already tell that this relationship was going to be tense and a lot of work.

Varik folded his hands on the desk and the chair slid closer to the desk. "I am going to attempt to get a contract with the Kamonian cloners and attempt to re-institute the sue of clone soldiers within the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps, the stormtroopers which guard parts of this palace are already clones from various projects which I have invested in previously." Varik paused and tried to gauge the response of Silas, but failed. "These projects were expensive but paid off in the end seeing as they are loyal to the appropriate people. The Kamino cloning project, which would be conducted under absolute secrecy would be unknown to the larger Moff Council, the Remnant and the Federation itself. This would however permit us to ensure that the loyalty of our soldiers resides with the appropriate people and not the enemies of the Empire."
Vengeance Squadron

Sith Lord | Jedi Master

Neo
Writer

Post#6 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:33 am

Bantha Poodoo was all that crossed Silas' mind when Varik made his assurances. This was a charade they both had to play for the delicacy of their own egos. However there will be a time where war, superstitions and egos will be gone forever. This man would make a good start to that era. However before any expansion order needed to be established in the Empire. But a clone army. A good model for obedience but a difficult task to do in secrecy, it was almost mainstream. However a few thoughts and ideas already crossed his mind as an alternative.

"Clone army. What is next a rule of two with a hooded roach and a force wielding cyborg?" He said grunting.

"The Kaminonians are shite." He spit out in disgust. "I'd rather contract Twi'lek courtesans to do our dirty work. However," his finger went up. "I have an alternative." He tapped on his wrist and a Galaxy map showed up. "I suggest that the Arkanians would be a suitable alternative. We'll have to smuggle our troops across Federation lines but I'm sure there's a few low paid sectorial fleets willing to lax their responsibilities."

Another troubling thought passed his mind. "Your troops seemed quite dull in emotion however this is good. Though I am curious, are we still in contact with the prime host? I would find it rather unfortunate to spend my investments on a faceless army." This was quite treasonous to begin with but it intrigued him. He wanted more in on this, it was a stretch but it was a step towards a 'New Galaxy' no matter how trustworthy his associate was - the wheels were now in motion.

Aeaolen Kicka

Post#7 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:33 am

Varik smiled, the man had been interested and seemingly taken to being involved in the plot. "We do indeed have a prime host and have all the necessary information to re-produce infinite amounts of new stormtroopers." Varik knew that the prime host was that of Jango Fett, locked away in the storage facilities of the Empire lay the prime host which had fought the Clone Wars and founded the Galactic Empire. This would be most glorious indeed. "There's no need for other candidates, we have the one."
Vengeance Squadron

Sith Lord | Jedi Master

Neo
Writer

Post#8 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:34 am

"I'd like a trip to their facilities." He said stubbornly wanting to see every last bit before he would decide to stay in or out. "And a discussion of the succession of power as far as where you will likely be taking this as well as security measures to keep the Federation out of our hair." It was a growing fear after all that the Federation would pounce on an opportunity to take the Empire while they were once again at civil war nearly thirty years prior.

"If we are to successfully usurp control as you undoubtedly intend to do we will need to ensure they are not a threat. I am assuming you have a connection in their ranks to keep them from doing so." The man said fixing the brim of his caped uniform. "Otherwise this will likely go from our hands into a debacle that will cost us our fortunes, lives, and most importantly our Empire."

Aeaolen Kicka

Post#9 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:35 am

"Imperial officials touring the world which saw the creation of the Galactic Empire would not likely be seen as good in the eyes of the Federation, luckily my contacts in Imperial Intelligence have been my go-between with them." Varik slid a datapad containing information regarding the project to the fellow Moff. "Colonel Edson Drathul of the Imperial Intelligence Agency is a member of my staff and is responsible for contacts within the cloning field." Varik sat back and sighed, every so often the stress of the situation got to him and when it did, it bothered him. He sipped on his drink and bit more and placed it down.

"Succession is something that indeed must be discussed. Luckily enough there is no new viable candidate for the Chairman of the Council. At least none that Taluka has informed us of...if he does that causes a potential problem but one that can be fixed." Varik folded his hands on the desk as he sat forward and looked at Silas. "In the event of that happening we will press forward and simply replace the current Chairman." Varik rubbed the tips of his fingers together and sighed again, heavier this time. "With that being said. If this goes according to plan without a new Chairmen, we will be assuming leading roles in an Imperial Council." Varik paused for a moment to think.

"In an old fashioned way...an Imperial Ruling Council. Sort of throwback don't you think?" Varik chuckled. "Equally appointed members from both of our staffs who are responsible for branches throughout the Empire." Varik sighed again and rubbed his chest slightly. "There is one problem that we do have to face that either way isn't going to go away." Varik tapped the keyboard on his desk and the holographic projection of a robbed man came up, spinning slightly in a 360 degree turn. It was none other than Aeaolen Kicka, the Equerry to the Moff Council especially the Chairman of the Moff Council. While the Equerry, as he was so affectionately called by the Moffs, was not widely known outside the Moff Council the Moffs knew who he was. Knew all too well. "Him."
Vengeance Squadron

Sith Lord | Jedi Master

Neo
Writer

Post#10 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:35 am

"How well can this man be trusted? A few hundred thousand credits and a fiefdom could buy any man that is not of great honor as we."

The skeptical moff said not a word trailing behind the other in his argument. Colonel so and so and agent karkface were just names. To his own security they showed him no personal loyalty or any proof of obedience. For this deal to be complete he needed something he knew he could trust to get this job done.

However axing Taluka was a different story than his Jedi servant, Kicka.

"These clones must be ruthless. Relentless. While I myself a good swordsman cannot single handedly end the Jedi's life." He said scoffing, one of the few things he was not necessarily trained to do in his lifetime was now the most critical.

"I trust these clones have experience in their prime clones host in ending the lives of Jedi or any Force User in that regards."

He was now prying once again into the identity of the host so that he may go and research them. Already ideas were swimming in his mind of any good Jedi hunting warriors that were capable of fighting open battles as well as performing such high performance assassinations.

Return to “Battle Archive (2013 - Present)”